Good advising, we know, is essential to our commitment to Buffalo State students. We will provide you with the advising resources you need to succeed in college. Your success is our success. Your advisor will assist you with many things: choosing courses, meeting your degree requirements, thinking about concentration options, taking advantage of special academic opportunities (such as research or study abroad), directing you to student services and organizations, planning for the summer, and managing your time. You will meet with your advisor at least twice throughout the semester, and are encouraged to reach out to them any time.
Advisement appointments are to be made using the Bengal Success Portal. Instructions to make an appointment are:
1. Login to Blackboard and click on the Bengal Success Portal.
2. Click on the “Home” tab.
3. Click “My Success Network”.
4. Click the “Schedule Appointment” link below my contact information.
5. Click “Sign Up” to choose the available date and time for your appointment.
6. Select a reason for the appointment.
7. If applicable, select the course that you wish to speak with me about.
8. Choose the appointment duration.
9. Enter appointment details to explain what you are looking to accomplish in the appointment.
10. Click submit.
Join your classmates and get ahead in your classes! Participate in Bengals Dare to Care community service day on Saturday, September 15th, 2018 from 9:15 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and receive extra credit in one of your classes with participating instructors only. There is lunch immediately following the service project! The biology freshmen are going to work together as a group to serve our community. Please email Ms. Raven Baxter-Christian at email@example.com if you are interested in being a part of this fun day!
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.